Sunday, April 09, 2006

beautiful sunday

the deli guy just pulled a fast one on me and passed off bland cucumber slices as crunchy dill. bastard. anyway. its been awhile. seems as though i'm not so devoted to writing about my life in the big apple. i realize its not that difficult to take a few minutes to share my thoughts, but let me tell you what i've been doing instead...

...seeing the magic numbers perform at webster hall (quite possibly best live music experience in my life)
...sharing some serious quality time with my mac at csa
...seeing the city the way it should be seen due to kraxy's passion for touring
...following a non-english speaking woman a few blocks off of canal street, down into a basement, past a locked gate, to check out the "real" fake bags then using the restroom in quite possibly the scariest, dirtiest room ever
...splitting a bottle of chilled white at a cafe on the sidewalk in little italy with marissa and brian
...getting to know my co-workers and thanking god everyday that melissa is at csa to laugh with
...discovering shake shack escapes
...trying to fight the urge to buy a new pair of shoes to commemorate everyday i'm here (i have one spot left on the rack though)
...wondering what georgia has against happy hour, therefore taking full advantage of the nyc policy and racking up a $6 bartab max at fiddlesticks in the village.
...trying to ignore the amount of homeless men sleeping on my walk underground to 16th street, but not allowing myself (it breaks my heart)
...dining at pastis, eating the most delicious mussels of my life and nonchalantly peering at semi-famous people
...laughing constantly
...welling up at the ticket counter at the second terminal i went to, only to discover my first trip to chicago wasn't going to happen because the flight was cancelled (seriously, what is the deal, that's my second attempt!)
...realizing that maybe an irish coffee at a shady bar isn't the best saturday afternoon cocktail choice (image to follow later)
...sitting at a tiki bar with geoff, sand at our feet (in brooklyn, inside), drinking pina coladas and wondering how they clean the floors at the end of the night...that can't be kosher

and here i am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

sounds good, E-hall. You haven't written in a while, but that's probably because I have forgotten to read. Count yourself bookmarked.

It's really great to hear/know that you, Marissa, Nick, and Brian are having a good time. Lyndsey is due possibly any day now. It's getting very exciting and is SOO hard to do school work....add that to the fact that it's been the most challenging quarter I've ever had. Keep blogging.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home